Spring/summer issue 2020: Climate Change
Welcome to the Spring 2020 issue of Reforesting Scotland, which looks at Climate Change. As we completed this issue, the nation entered week 3 of coronavirus lockdown and we have no idea when it will be able to be physically printed. As a result, we have decided to make a digital version available free to everyone in the meantime.
At the bottom of this page there is an online version of the whole Journal. Articles consider which species of trees and where to plant them, woodland and soil carbon, the National Ecological Network and more. There’s a welcome return from Buildings of the Forest, which looks at David Blair’s latest roundhouse. Letter from… considers silvopastoralism in Spain and Artists in Wood features the riven-oak furniture of Adrian McCurdy. Plus news, book reviews and the Last Word on forest plastics.
- Jim Knight – A forest for the future
- Ian Edwards – The only constant in life is change
- Andy McMullen – Woodland functions
- Mike Perks – Soil carbon and forest management
- Lesley Morrison – Extinction Rebellion
- Dilraj Sokhi Watson – The National Ecological Network
- Willie McGhee – Planting on peaty soils
- Stuart Adair – Genetic variation
- Obituary – Robert Chalmers
- Deer report: Mike Daniels on deer management
- Buildings of the Forest: solid timber roundhouse
- Letter from… Spain: silvipastoralism
- Artists in Wood: Adrian McCurdy
- Food from the forest: spruce and pine shoots
- Woodland report: forest bathing
- Book reviews
- Last word: Seas of plastic
Read the Full Version of the Journal Online!
RS Members can now read the full version of the journal online for free! Just head to the Members Area.